Hi all!

I'm a bit lost with this one. Maybe someone with more insight in KXmlGuiWindow
could give me a hand about this? Most probably, this is PEBCAK ;-)

Currently, KgeoTag's main window position is not restored when closing it and
opening it again. The dock arrangement is restored, and also the window size
-- but the window always appears always in the middle of the screen.

Initially, I used a QMainWindow and stored the windowState() manually, to
restore it in the main window's ctor. Later on, I ported the main window to
KXmlGui, keeping the manual restore.

I now noticed that KMainWindow also stores the window state on closing,
although I never called setAutoSaveSettings(), along with some position
parameters that are stored differently from what QWidget::saveGeometry() would
yield.

I now created the "xmlgui" branch, where the duplicate saving of the window
state is removed, and setAutoSaveSettings() is called.

However, neither with the master branch (without setAutoSaveSettings()), nor
with the xmlgui branch (with setAutoSaveSettings(), most probably more the way
this is intended to be used), the window's position is restored -- the window
always appears in the middle of the screen.

At this point, I'm completely out of ideas why this doesn't work and how I can
fix it. has anybody an idea?!

Thanks a lot for all hints!

Cheers, Tobias