Albert Astals Cid skrev den 2019-11-25 22:08:
El dimarts, 19 de novembre de 2019, a les 9:49:02 CET,
dand...@get2net.dk va escriure:
Albert Astals Cid skrev den 2019-11-17 19:09:
> El dimarts, 5 de novembre de 2019, a les 11:02:05 CET,
> dand...@get2net.dk va escriure:
>> Hi, I have calligraplan doc on userbase, still very much WIP but it
>> would be nice to know how things are meant to work to get dco included
>> in release and updated on docs.kde.org.
>>
>> Since it is WIP, and is likely to be for considerable time, I would
>> like
>> to know what options I have.
>
> So you want to convert an userbase wiki to docbook?
>
> I guess you want
> https://userbase.kde.org/How_To_Convert_a_UserBase_Manual_to_Docbook
> (no idea how up to date or working that is)
Well, I would like to know how documentation is handled when the
original is on userbase, so that I can make the right decisions in the
future.

I don't understand this question. Yuri says it's working and pointed
to a wiki page under your name.

My problem is that the manual is very much wip so I would have liked to
be able to make "branches" of the doc that matched git branches.
I can *guess* that the way is to generate a docbook and include it into
the git branch, but I would like to *know*.
Also, how is tranlations handled. Are they also generated from userbase?

I don't understand your usecase so i can't comment. You want to have
the same documentation translated both in the wiki and as docbook?

May I ask why you want such duplicity?
Sorry if I'm unable to be clear about what I am asking about, so I try again :) My question is not about what I want, but how documentation is meant to work. I have documentation on userbase (as e.g amarok has). How is this documentation meant to be included in releases? Shall it just exist on userbase and be pointed to in the desktop file or should a docbook be generated and included in the release?

With generated docbook I do not see how translations shall be handled without ending up with double work.

With docs only on userbase I get the problem when fetaures are added and changed in the program the docs cannot be touched because it is used by users of the released program.
(and several releases may be in use dependent on distributions)

So, I only want to know how documentation is meant to work so I can do the right thing.

Cheers, Dag