On Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:49:51 Chusslove Illich wrote:
> Right, that is the reason. I said that performance and maintainance are not
> an issue at present, and I find it hard to take dependency as an issue as
> long as KJS is part of Frameworks. It is beyond great that you offer to port
> it yourself, but I don't see a solid reason yet.

we do not want to load a second JS implementation into memory on Plasma
Active. in fact, we'd prefer not to ship KJS/KHTML at all with Plasma Active
as that gives us another free ~10MB on disk with zero functionality loss.

when there is already one implementation that comes bundled with Qt and does
everything needed/wanted, it is simply impossible to justify that kind of
dependency on a small device. yes, that means for every such duplication we
have we need to justify to ourselves why we have it. if there is no good
justification for it, it needs to be resolved.

in this case, another option is to not remove translation scripting on such
systems (and therefore the dependency), but that would be a shame imho.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se