zzag added a comment.

  In D27087#604479 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27087#604479>, @broulik wrote:

  > There's a Qt heif image plug in in the works in Qt. If any, we should help
there or at least get our own into kimageformats, so Gwenview and others can
open such files properly.

  I assume that you want to get the first image stored in a heif file and use
it as a thumbnail. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to completely ignore
thumbnails that are associated with the primary image.

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

To: zzag, #plasma
Cc: broulik, ngraham, kde-frameworks-devel, kfm-devel, pberestov, iasensio,
fprice, LeGast00n, MrPepe, fbampaloukas, alexde, GB_2, Codezela, feverfew,
meven, michaelh, spoorun, navarromorales, firef, andrebarros, bruns, emmanuelp,
mikesomov