rjvbb added a reviewer: cgilles.
rjvbb added a comment.

  In D27065#608746 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27065#608746>, @mwolff wrote:

  > before:

  [snip]

  > Note the `Ejectable = false  (bool)` vs. `StorageDrive.removable = true
(bool)`. The patch here fixes it to yield `StorageDrive.removable = false
(bool)`

  Where does this output come from, and what kind of drive does it concern
(apart from some kind of Apple-branded SSD)? In other words, should `removable`
be false, or should `ejectable` be true? I concur that the status quo appears
inappropriate, at least in "Finder speak" which uses "Eject" for any form of
unmounting regardless of whether it implies a physical eject.

  In principle my IOKit code worked appropriately with the various drives I
have at my disposal (USB, Firewire, even an internal optical drive) and as far
as Solid and IOKit API/protocols can be mapped to one another. Digikam
identifies removable drives correctly, for instance.

  The logic in summary here seems correct but it's not impossible that I
implemented one or two counterintuitive things in order to make things behave
the way Mac users would expect. I'll try to take a look this week but maybe
Gilles can actually test with a Thunderbolt enclosure?

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

To: mwolff, #frameworks, rjvbb, cgilles
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack, GB_2, michaelh, ngraham, bruns