dfaure created this revision.
dfaure added a reviewer: ahmadsamir.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
dfaure requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  QStandardPaths::findExecutable will not return to us a non-executable binary.
  So implement our own iteration over $PATH to detect such a case.
  Note: this doesn't handle the case where PATH isn't set at all
(QStandardPaths implements a fallback)
  nor do we implement this for Windows (where chmod -x doesn't really exist as
is). I think this is fine,
  in the worst case the user will get the other error message, program not
found.

TEST PLAN
  'sudo chmod a-x /usr/bin/gwenview' then try opening a picture with gwenview
from e.g. dolphin, see the error message

  CCBUG: 415567

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH