On Wednesday 06 August 2014 08:58:07 Eike Hein wrote:
> On 08/04/2014 10:09 AM, David Faure wrote:
> > So yep, that's not going away any time soon ;)
>
> Alright, so that leaves the licensing problem, right? Do I
> need to rewrite the KCM? Can I even? Do we contact Yves
> Arrouye for relicensing?

I seem to have missed something. What's the licensing problem exactly?

The fact that the KCM is GPL? But if it's launched via kcmshell5 that should
be fine, no?

Not sure about the case where it's dynamically loaded by the app process
though.

In any case you could ask the contributors for relicensing, before you spend a
lot of time rewriting it (you "can", but it's such a waste - and a risk for
regressions / missing features....)

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5