On Sunday December 06 2015 22:10:03 David Faure wrote:

>> Question is, what are we missing out on without it? Is this what kdesu is
>> based on, for instance?
>
>It's just about logging, so "based on" is not really true. I'm pretty sure
>kdesu works even without logging to utmp.

OK, so there must be another reason why it's not fully functional on OS X
(supposedly, but the fact there's only a kdesu stub exec doesn't bode well).
I'll investigate in due time.

>But I don't really need to tell you any of this, given that you can read :-)

Indeed, but reading an email is so much more efficient than reading certain
other forms of prose ... and besides, where's the fun if someone can't say
"told ya" later on? ;)

R.