Hi David,

I've been debugging similar failures in Kevin's Zanshin tests with Ben and
eventually tracked it down the same mime database problem.

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 10:03:46 PM CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 9:09 PM, David Faure <fa...@kde.org> wrote:
> > I don't feel good releasing KF 5.21 with 14 failing builds in the CI.
> > Let's fix CI first, then we can release.
>
> Virtually all of those were networking faults on the part of the CI
> system - sorry about those.
> We'll need to come up with some way of determining the build host at
> fault, and more importantly debugging why those happen.
>
> > I'm debugging the kservice unit test failure, which is an actual bug (not
> > a CI problem).
> >
> > I'll also try to debug the kcoreaddons mimetype issue, that one being a CI
> > problem.
> If you're running those manually on the CI system, try dropping /usr
> and /usr/share from XDG_DATA_DIRS.
> Sounds illogical, but the presence of those actually breaks Akonadi
> related unit tests, even though nothing Qt or Akonadi related is
> installed in /usr (go figure?)

Turns out when you include /usr/share in XDG_DATA_DIRS, all mime types that
might have been provided by other dependencies in /srv/jenkins/.../foo/inst/
usr/share/mime are ignored, possibly due to update-mime-database not being ran
for those directories.

I manually ran update-mime-database on the akonadi and kdepim-runtime install
dirs on Jenkins and the Zanshin tests magically started passing again.

Our idea for a quick dirty fix was to simply run update-mime-database once CI
sets up the environment variables but before the test is executed.

David, do you have any better suggestions?

Dan

> > KTextEditor people, please take a look at
> > https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks%20kf5-qt5/job/ktexteditor%20master%2
> > 0kf5-qt5/13/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/console and please don't wait for
> > me to play unittest police, you can keep an eye on the CI without me...
> >
> > Plasma people .... err ... why isn't plasma-framework listed on
> > https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks%20kf5-qt5/ anymore?
> > I see that plasma-framework is green again though, well done.
> > I'm just very worried if that view doesn't have all of the frameworks
> > anymore. Would sometime have the time to go through the list and check
> > what else is missing?
> Cheers,
> Ben
>
> > --