kfunk added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3392#63341, @brauch wrote:

  > Hm, there is at least one race condition here: thread A does old =
::SetErrorMode(...), then if before it resets it thread B does the same, then
the old mode might never be restored. We can put a mutex but of course there
might be another piece of code which does the same. So *shrug* not sure what to
do, I guess it's just bad API and that's why MS replaced it.

  I really just wouldn't care about it. We likely never ever run in that
scenario.

  Keep in mind, that Qt uses `Get/SetErrorMode` like this since ages:

https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/io/qfsfileengine_unix.cpp.html#_ZN13QFSFileEngine6drivesEv
 (here and in other places). It's essentially the same code; not protected by a
mutex or anything.

  > Maybe on XP we should just set the flag once on startup? At least that's
not racy.

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: kfunk, #frameworks, brauch