colomar added a comment.

  > even Windows and Mac have deprecated them in favor of persistent
notifications!
  >  Not only it's already implemented, but also it is what every major desktop
and phone OS out there already use!

  SNIS != those legacy systray icons which were rightfully abolished. Systray
icons are shown as long as an application is open (and with that they turn the
syrtray into a secondary taskbar which makes no sense)

  An SNI may look the same, but the big difference is that it is only shown as
long as a notification is present, so when used correctly, they do not clutter
your systray with icons but instead give you a good overview of which
applications want your attention, without ypu having to open a drawer which
shows all notifications.

  I admit that what we currently have is more of an interim solution towards
what Android does, and in the end SNIs should be merged with persistent
notifications to get the full experience, but giving every application control
over precisely how long a notification should be shown is not a good step in
that direction.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

EMAIL PREFERENCES