ltoscano added a comment.

  One thing for sure: the code should be moved back to the constructor, and not
dynamically at each call of desktopFileName(), or it would be a behavioral
change. (Or at least it should be probably cached if we get an agreement in
breaking this).

  And regarding this:

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5405#101570, @kossebau wrote:

  > Having slept over this one night, I still think that this change should be
not the way to go to fix the seen issues.

  > The actual problem is bad usage in application code, usually due to lack of
knowledge what is needed.
  >  The documented API of KAboutData, especially
AboutData::setDesktopFileName()
<https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kcoreaddons/html/classKAboutData.html#a112d2fc20c31e7847995930e030cc67b>,
 is very explicite what needs to be done and when. This patch would change this
behaviour and runs a chance to break things for application code which relies
on the documented behaviour.
  >  Changing this behaviour to help application code whose authors never
bothered to get things only means screwing over those application developers
who did the effort to read up in the API dox and write proper code.

  I don't see why removing the homepage from the calculation of the default
value of the desktop file when the org domain is specified breaks the current
behavior.
  It does not change the fact that program writers should set the domain, but
if you set it, it should be the relevant source (see my points above).
  Sane default; yes, you can call setDesktopFileName explicitly, but is it
really needed?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

To: stikonas, mpyne, kossebau, aacid, ltoscano
Cc: mak, plasma-devel, kde-frameworks-devel, #frameworks, progwolff,
lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, eliasp, sebas, apol