sitter added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6624#126465, @cfeck wrote:

  > > It probably does.
  >
  > Were you able to test? I would prefer the simpler patch. I cannot test it,
because my system does not have accessibility enabled.

  Yes, I did not manage to crash it that way.

  As I said though, I do not think making the smallest possible fix is prudent
here. While that change would be simpler it would also be more fragile. In
resizeEvent() we'd still call a function of which the intention is to change
the size of cells, which is meant to result in a layout change and thus
potentially causes a resize, bringing us back to the crashing call chain.
Making the column update conditional does fix the immediate cause of this
**right now**. Conceptually the issue would still be there: we call a method of
which the intention is to change the layout from within a resizeEvent handler.
Something that is not safe to do with the current qaccessible lifetime
management.
  If someone goes ahead and changes the way the models are being used and/or
//when// size calculation happens in the future we'll be crashing again.

  TLDR I don't find introducing the `if` a future-proof solution. It's only
treating the symptom. We'd reinforce a bone with a metal plate whilst ignoring
the fact that the patient has a disorder that makes her run in front of cars.

  (I do think that introducing that if would be handy eitherway, not as a
measure of dealing with the crash though)

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons

To: sitter, gladhorn
Cc: cfeck, anthonyfieroni, #frameworks