rjvbb added a comment.

  That was already mentioned :)

  I see no problem with those components depending on something that is
probably inevitable in a "linuxy desktop" environment.

  Also FYI: I built the latest canberra (PA support disabled) and gstreamer1 on
Mac and am not getting any sound out of canberra-gtk-play (a memory error
instead).
  Not that QtMultimedia is such an evident alternative (if QMediaPlayer has too
much overhead): QAudioDecoder only works when you activate Qt's gstreamer
support (and apply a simple patch so that the plugins are actually built) ...

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

To: broulik, #frameworks, dfaure, davidedmundson, sitter, drosca, kfunk, rjvbb
Cc: apol, cfeck, alexeymin, ngraham, nicolasfella, kde-frameworks-devel,