mgallien added a comment.

  In D17500#376221 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17500#376221>, @aacid wrote:

  > In D17500#375753 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17500#375753>, @astippich
wrote:

  > > Oh, thanks for the hint, didn't know that. That makes it a lot more
complicated than a straight port :(
  > >  Looking at the code of kdegraphics-mobipocket, shouldn't the thumbnail
extractor actually be part of kio-extras? Seems quite kio-specific, and a quick
look at lxr didn't reveal any usages of the thumbnailer.

  > Why would it be part of kio-extras? the beauty of plugins is that they can
live wherever, no?

  > Do I understand that the answer to my "Is it possible to move the extractor
to kdegraphics-mobipocket instead of having it in kfilemetadata? " question is
no?

  There is support for external extractors in KFileMetaData. As far as I know,
it has not yeet been used.
  That is probably the safest way to do what you suggest.

  > If so, that probably needs fixing, the fact that you can't have external
plugins means that the code is probably not as good as it should

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData

To: astippich, bruns
Cc: mgallien, aacid, kde-frameworks-devel, #baloo, ashaposhnikov, michaelh,
astippich, spoorun, ngraham, bruns, abrahams