bruns added a comment.

  In D20526#449560 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20526#449560>, @astippich
wrote:

  > IMHO for searching, the separation from a single string into multiple
entries is the best thing to do, from a metadata editing point of view not so
much.
  >  How about inserting the TStringList entry by entry, without using the
contactsFromString method? That would maintain the exact representation of
metadata tags also for the baloo database.

  When searching is left to baloo, it already splits up strings at whitespace
etc., so you can provide the string as is.

  As far as I can see, in some cases (e.g. "ARTIST"), the `Taglib::StringList
PropertyMap::operator[]` is first joined (`.toString(';')`) and then split
again. How about avoiding that in the first place?

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData

To: mgallien, astippich, bruns
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, #baloo, gennad, domson, ashaposhnikov, michaelh,
astippich, spoorun, ngraham, bruns, abrahams