kossebau added a comment.

  In D16882#494702 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16882#494702>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > Please check the earlier discussion; IIRC there is a reliability problem
with that signal, and I did try reverting to its use before coming up with the
current solution.

  I read indeed the very discussion before, a few times even (see also that I
fixed the link to the blog post in the commit message of mine) :)
  Initially I hoped we could just go with your patch and be done, but I wanted
to understand the problem in details first, to not have to rely on IIRC and
vague commit messages and historic situations .And when doing so I found
nothing which actually prevent to use that signal, but rather some issue in the
original commit which tried to use it. So please take some time to read the
text about that patch to understand why I rather went to propose that as
altenativenow.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

To: rjvbb, #kdevelop, kossebau, mwolff
Cc: mwolff, egospodinova, kossebau, kde-frameworks-devel, kdevelop-devel,
hmitonneau, christiant, glebaccon, domson, antismap, iodelay, alexeymin,
geetamc, Pilzschaf, akshaydeo, surgenight, arrowd