dhaumann added a comment.

  In D23457#574846 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23457#574846>, @ahmadsamir
wrote:

  > Personally, I am not convinced replacing \s with [ \t], and deviating from
PCRE default behaviour is a good idea in this case.

  That is not to be discussed, and Christoph tried to explain this already
before.

  In short: If these issues don't get fixed to be compatible with previous
behavior, this patch will not get merged. I'd be very much in favor of having
the compatibility, since QRegularExpression is the way forward, but adding
regressions is a big no-go and not up for discussion.

  We are maintaining Kate for close to 20 years now. We'd like to ask you to
give us some trust in our decision.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor

To: ahmadsamir, #ktexteditor, dhaumann, cullmann
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, kwrite-devel, LeGast00n, GB_2, domson, michaelh,
ngraham, bruns, demsking, cullmann, sars, dhaumann