On Fri, 24 May 2013, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:

I ran into the exactly same problem a couple of days ago. For me, it was caused by ftp/curl:

/usr/local/bin/onto2vocabularyclass expects to find a plugin that can handle trig files. That plugin links against libcurl. When the c-ares shlib version was incremented a few days ago, the PORTREVISION of ftp/curl was not bumped, causing libcurl to be linked against a stale, now nonexistent libcares.so.2.

I manually changed the LIB_DEPENDS in ftp/curl from cares.2 to cares.3, reinstalled ftp/curl and the build error in x11/kdelibs4 went away. Since the ftp/curl port has actually been fixed since, you should be able to fix the error even easier, by updating ftp/curl to the newest revision.

It wasn't quite as easy as that, but you certainly set me on the right track. Rebuilding ftp/curl alone didn't fix it, so I used pkg_libchk from sysutils/bsdadminscripts to identify other ports still linked against libcares.so.2. Once I rebuilt those, kdelibs4 built fine. Thank you!

--
Greg Rivers