Thanks Patrick

some notes below...

On 06/05/2013 4:17 AM, Patrick Spendrin wrote:
Am 05.05.2013 14:05, schrieb DeveloperChris:

Hi

When compiling mpir (my nemesis) I have run into YAP (yet another
problem). My main issues are caused by an apparently buggy msys/sh.exe
but not this time.

I get undefined __printf__ errors when building the project, in
particular when building yasm.

Lol, I had those as well ;-)
the gettext library (libintl) is provided by the gettext package. To
make mpir compile, I edited the gettext package quite a lot and I
thought I had submitted that fix:
the problem is that libintl is not compiled completely, so the
replacement functions for printf and vprintf are not compiled in. in one
of the headers you will find that printf is redefined to __printf__ for
certain cases. What I did, was simply keeping those two functions as is
and modifying the ifdefs accordingly.
The patch seems to have been submitted on 2nd of may, so maybe you might
want to rebuild your gettext package: emerge -i gettext && emerge mpir.

Thanks that was successful

The next problem I ran in to was not being able to find libstdc++.dll.a

after much searching this link helped
http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/libstdc-dll-a-does-not-exist-td20812.html

It appears the fix is still unresolved. but as LRN advised changing "library_names='libstdc++.dll.a'" in libstdc++.la to "library_names=''" did the trick.

using emerge --make mpir resulted in a completed build but not installed

I tried emerge --install mpir but had no joy it obviously ran make install but that didn't seem to do anything else so mpir was not put into the db. I couldnt see how to restart a failed build.

In the end I ran "emerge mpir" again which is still running and I hope this time completes the install.

I still have issues with sh stalling, I manually have to kill the stalled sh process to get the process to continue.

Out of curiosity what OS and service pack are you compiling on. I was thinking about setting up a clean xp install to see if this stall issue is something peculiar to my machine.

UPDATE: it just completed - At last and only took a week!

> snip ...

nope, that is something else.

regards,
Patrick