On 07/11/12 12:34, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Duncan<1i5t5.dun...@cox.net>  wrote:
Zaki Akhmad posted on Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:04:24 +0700 as excerpted:

Hello,

I am facing this screen lock error[1] at KDE. The password textbox
suddenly full of password character and I can't erased it (maybe since
it's very long). Trigger of this error is when I do screen lock my KDE
but the error shows randomly.

[1]http://flic.kr/p/cqKs8m

Hope somebody could give me hint. Thanks!
I don't use the screen-locker here (don't have kdm installed, which
provides it), so can't be too specific about that, but in general...

If it's because it's long, try clicking in the input box to give it
focus, then using whatever you have configured for select-all (often ctrl-
a to match MS), then hitting delete (or simply start typing the real
password).  That should do it.

Alternatively, the whole thing /might/ get focus if you simply tab the
focus to the box (clicking in it may or may not do the same thing), after
which you can simply hit delete or even simply start typing the real
password.

I don't know what might be filling it in, and don't know /for/ /sure/
that the above will let you erase the whole long garbage, but it's what
I'd try, given normal GUI input box behavior.
Hi Duncan, thanks for the response

Once, I press Esc button, then the very-long password text is erased.
But when this problem happened again, the Esc button didn't work.

How to see debug error message from this event?

So, my solution from this problem up till now is switch to terminal mode
$ sudo -i reboot :|

As an alternative you may try alt+prt sc/Sys Rq + k