P .NIKOLIC posted on Fri, 08 Feb 2013 16:58:03 +0000 as excerpted:

> When i send a mail to the list i do not get the mail when i next collect
> my mail can this be changed as it helps keep the thread flow and i
> prefere it that way

While I use gmane (see below) for this list, I've read that the kde list
account configuration has an option available to NOT send you your own
messages back, only those from others.  So it could be worth checking
that just to be sure, if you haven't.

Meanwhile, as I mentioned, my preferred solution is gmane.org's list2news
service.  I prefer that newsgroup interface to actually having the
messages come to my box, so I read and post thru gmane.  It has been
awhile, but IIRC I set my kde list subscriptions to "vacation mode",
which means they don't send me mail (since I read the messages as news
via gmane), but I'm still listed as subscribed, and can post as such.
(After verifying my address the first time I attempt to post to a group/
list, gmane forwards my messages, so I can post as I would to a newsgroup
and gmane forwards to the list.)  Alternatively, most news clients can
that to post directly to a mailing list, when I suspect gmane's having
problems or something.

FWIW, my news client of choice is the gtk-based pan.  Of course knode,
being a kdepim component, is out as it pulls in akonadi, etc, these
days.  And claws-mail can do news, but I prefer the pan news interface.