Hi,

On Friday, 4 March 2022 12:53:35 CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> So it appears that on May 30th Google is going to cut off "good old" IMAP
> access to GMail (as if email is such an inherently secure medium that you
> really need that additional login security...). If I hadn't come to depend on
> having around 15Gb of free remote email storage with (remote filtering into)
> lots of folders I'd jump ship now, but I wouldn't really know where.
>
> I suppose KMail5 will continue to work, but not KMail4 which I still vastly
> prefer. I know some of you use claws as a fallback ... what options will
> there be to continue to use a traditional imap client with GMail?

I guess you're referring to Google forcing OAuth instead of username/password
authentication? Care to post a link to that announcement?

Pretty sure there is a way to make KMail4 work as well with OAuth. Probably
something like https://github.com/oauth2-proxy/oauth2-proxy should work. But
then again, what's wrong with KMail5? đŸ˜€ (it can even insert emojis, see? đŸ˜‰)

Patrick.