The following was posted on the Kdenlive general topics page on 7/27/14.  Cross posting here so that we can get the Wiki and/or Kdenlive website updated with info on this command line tool.

For some specific needs, I created a command line utility in Python to manipulate Kdenlive project files. Source code is available at: https://github.com/kdeldycke/kdenlive-tools . Feel free to send pull requests ! ;)

This script currently provides a way to list producers and replace instances of clips in all timelines, as a workaround for issue #1941(see: http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1941 ).

Link....
--
Steve Guilford