Hi,

I am working with kdenlive since May 2014 and I have one big problem with it.
Normally I am working with 1080p videos. When I load a 6 minute video into a new
project and set the cursor at a position in the video the program freezes some
seconds until it has found the correct image for the selected frame. This is
very annoying while cutting down a video to 30 seconds because I have to set the
cursor to new positions very often before hitting CTRL+R. But everytime I set
the cursoe I have to wait one oder two seconds. For example VLC has no problems
with accessing a certain frame in a video. It needs only some hundreds
milliseconds to switch to a random position. It would be nice if kdenlive could
be also a bit faster.

Alternatively it would also be nice to eliminate the freeze after setting the
cursor. Sometimes I accidentally set the cursor to the wrong frame and have to
wait until kdenlive has loaded this frame into the project monitor before I can
set the cursor to the correct frame. Maybe it would be a good idea to put the

Actually I always use proxy clips because they are faster but I think my
hardware should have no problem with 1080p videos. And with proxy clips there is
an other problem. If I render the video the renderer always uses the proxy clips
instead of the original ones although I have not selected rendering with proxy
clips...

Regards,
Nicolas

--