I just upgraded my main computer to Kubuntu 15.10 after having some very good success with it on a couple of my laptops. I completely skipped kubuntu 15.04 and just ran 2 upgrades back to back without rebooting. After upgrading kdenlive would not allow any seeking in a video no matter if it was playing out of the project bin or in the time line, making the program completely unusable. I initially figured that it was because I was running a beta version of Kubuntu and that kdenlive may have been packaged with it's dependencies messed up, but other people seemed to be have little to no problems with it.

I then tried the same thing on one of my laptops and it seemed to work fine, which then prompted me to delete anything that looked like a kdenlive config file from within .config and .kde. Once those were gone everything seems to be working again.

Anyway, I guess I'm just posting this just in case someone else runs into the same problem they might be able to fix it quickly and perhaps if the particular offending configuration parameter can be located that isn't compatible with the new kde5 version it could be automatically set to something that doesn't render the program useless.

As always, thanks for such a great editing program!

Brian Cluff