Le 03.03.16 15:21, farid abdelnour a écrit :
hey jesse and people

Hi all,

Sorry, I must admit that I skip most mails related to the website. This is really not due to a lack of interest or because I dislike the proposals, but mostly to keep my workload manageable. I would very gladely let someone else entirely manage the website, and I think Vincent's position is rather similar. Should probably have made it clear from the beginning. That being said I agree that the developers need to give some feedback.

    (1) Maybe have the "k" capitalized in kdenlive?

ok.

    (2) The audio bars are awsome, because they symbolize the audio
    aspect of film. I also like the blue arc on the ride side, but
    maybe consider somehow making arc itself into a film strip? I feel
    a brand logo should instantly send a message to the viewer. If
    it's just audio bars and an arc (and the playback position, of
    course, which is VERY well placed), one might think it's just an
    audio eding program. As you know, the program name "Kdenlive"
    doesn't by itself reveal much about it's purpose to the user. No
    one would know that it stands for "KDE Non-Linear Interactive
    Video Editor", you know? Changing the arc into a symbold like a
    film strip would almost globally be understood to represent
    movies, I think.

I also really like the split audio / video part, and agree with Farid that the filmstrip is kind of outdated, but if you have ideas for a small change that would make the video part easier to recognize it would be nice.

Another question is how do you see the logo / application icon relationship ?

I think the app icon should somehow relate to the logo, so do you think we should create a new app icon ?

Keep up the good work, and thanks Jesse and others for stepping into this as I think it is important that the changes can be discussed (even if I really don't participate a lot).
the thing is i really dislike the oncept of the film strip. we dont use film we work with video and we should consider that. also the arc used if yu notice is the shape of the old logo's film strip ;)

we are going to take some of this considerations and send another proposal soon.

although i confess that not hearing some input from the devs makes me think that they didn't like it.
Regards,

jb