On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 01:49:32 -0300
farid abdelnour <snd.no...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it makes things easier to the devs and therefore make Kdenlive more
> powerful then I'll vote for going the separate audio/video route.

I must admit I didn't quite understand what the question was at first. It
took me a while to "get it."

For most editing projects, especially short ones, it's quite convenient to
have hybrid A/V clips. When a project gets more complicated, I will
use "Split Audio" on a clip so that it splits the hybrid clip into
separate grouped Audio and Video clips so I can work with them separately.

Removing support for hybrid A/V tracks, I think, would detract from
kdenlive, not add to it. As others have indicated, it makes kdenlive easier
for beginners to use and understand.

Perhaps it might make sense to give users the ability to change the behavior
in the application settings. Perhaps something like "Auto-split audio/video
clips in timeline."

--
Doran L. Barton <f...@iodynamics.com> - Linux, Perl, Web, good fun, and more!
 "Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it."