On Friday, July 27, 2018 8:59:30 AM CEST, Narcis Garcia wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but,
Isn't possible to use NVENC method with FOSS drivers?

Unfortunately not. Some hardware acceleration is available on the nouveau driver:
https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/VideoAcceleration/

But it seems limited to some older generation graphic cards, and only with the vaapi acceleration which I am not sure we can use in MLT...

Regards
Jean-Baptiste

El 26/07/18 a les 23:52, johnar1 ha escrit:
Hey Narcis,

I personally am referring to both the nvidia-390 and nvidia-396 package available at the Ubuntu Graphic's Team PPA and the equivalent .run files from the official nvidia.com website.

Kernel 4.17 and 4.18 both come with incompatible modules which cause the driver to immediately switch to 2D mode upon boot.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.