>> seriously? i just killed rad and reconnected the client. shall i tell you
>> what has changed? NOTHING! do you think the dhcp client in windows is wrong?
>> if so, then will have to redo the rfc for windows, and not windows for rfc.
>> lol
> Did you tell the client to release its leased address ? No ? In that case,
> the DHCP client will continue to keep the address configured until it expires
> (or another network event causes it to become invalid).
dear, do you take me for an idiot? of course i deleted the leased address and
looked at the dhcpv6 frames. i tell you again- check your statements in
practice, otherwise it will turn into trouble for you someday.

>> exactly, there may not be a router. do you know what the problem with
>> link-local addresses is? they can be random!
> They shouldn’t be random, on an ethernet network they will be based on the
> MAC address and will be stable as long as the MAC address is stable.
so, i see that you know even less than me. this is due to a device tracking
issue. it's a long time to write, google it.
ps: damn it, i came here for help, and it turns out i have to help %)

>> and often this is not what we need. besides, if everything is so good with
>> link-local, then why do local unicast addresses exist? ;)
> Different address types have different uses.
> You may have seen 169.254.n.n addresses in the IPv4 world when there is no
> DHCP server present. These self-assigned addresses fulfil a similar role to
> some of the uses for IPv6 link local addresses - specifically they allow a
> group of devices to use multicast DNS to find each other. mDNS underpins a
> number of discovery functions around finding printers, network shares, etc.
> But in a managed network, you would normally prefer to manage the addresses
> you put into the internal DNS. So rather than use a link local address for
> your internal web server, you would setup a ULA prefix and use that
> internally. As it’s independent of any upstream connections, it’s stable and
> under your control.
> For networks without a full time management team (even if that is a one
> person team), setting that up is usually “too hard” and not required. For a
> typical home network, the users don’t care about all that, they just want
> stuff “to work”.
i'm not stupid enough to tell me the basics ;)

> If you have a prefix delegation, it’s (in most cases) not very useful unless
> the rest of the network knows how to reach that prefix. But even where there
> isn’t any routing involved, you still need RAs to tell devices what
> prefix(es) are available.
CHECK YOUR STATEMENT IN PRACTICE! >:(