Am 03.01.23 um 21:27 schrieb Marek Greško:
Hello,

I was observing similar issues. I currently workarounded it by
setting:

"service-sockets-require-all": false, "service-sockets-max-retries":
1000, "service-sockets-retry-wait-time": 10000

I am not sure the workaround is good enough, but I did not observe
such problems since setting these parameters. Hope it will fix it
forever. Without the first line kea exited when interfaces were not
up, if I remember well, and the other two lines keeps retrying to
listen the interfaces which will come up later. Without them kea
ceases listening on those interfaces not being up at the moment.

I also do not understand why such tweaking is needed. If I configure
kea to listen on an interface I expect it to respond on it any time
it comes up. Very weird software.

I applied your suggested settings to my primary kea-server and rebooted.

Without any other intervention after that there are leases provided now, so it seems to work ;-)

I prefer this fix because as far as I understand I would have to add one "-i" option per interface in systemd-networkd-wait-online.service (as suggested by Oscar).

That is harder to maintain ... there might be more vlans in the future.

So I tend to use the 3 mentioned settings for now, and will add them to the secondary kea node as well.

Thanks!