Hi Kevin,

"enable-multi-threading" for the main process (not HA) defaults to
true as of Kea 2.3.5 (and thus will be on in the next stable release -
2.4.0).  In the main process, multi-threading is about performance.
In the HA its (partially) about performance and allowing a separate
listener thread to exist.  In versions prior to 2.3.5, you need to
enable multi-threading in the main process before you can enable it
for HA.  I personally like HA without the kea-ctrl-agent but you do
need the kea-ctrl-agent if you want to do anything with the API that
requires remote access. You can send API commands directly to the
kea-dhcp4 process over UNIX socket - which is all that is available
without the kea-ctrl-agent.

Thank you,

Darren Ankney