https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/arm/ddns.html

Regards,
Oscar

Den 2023-12-25 kl. 10:03, skrev Luigi Baldoni via Kea-users:
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2023 at 6:47 AM
From: "Kenneth Porter" <sh...@sewingwitch.com>

On 12/24/2023 4:26 AM, Luigi Baldoni via Kea-users wrote:
I have a home setup with bind and the old ISC DHCP server.
Since the latter is no longer supported, I would like to switch to Kea, but
I couldn't find a way to use hostnames instead of IP addresses for MAC-based
static leases.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this feature no longer supported?
Or perhaps there's a different way to do this, possibly via ddns?
I would like to avoid having to keep my IPs up to date in two different
places.

It sounds like you mean that you want Kea to look up hostnames found in a
reservation in the config file to find the IP addresses to assign.
That's precisely what I would like Kea to do. Is it possible?

Regards