Hi Andy,

I was not able to reproduce this in 2.4.0.  What version were you using?

I tested using this simple configuration:

{
  "Dhcp6": {
    "control-socket": {
      "socket-type": "unix",
      "socket-name": "/tmp/socket6"
    },
    "interfaces-config": {
      "interfaces": [
        "ens256"
      ]
    },
    "hosts-database": {
      "type": "mysql",
      "name": "kea",
      "user": "kea",
      "password": "kea",
    },
    "hooks-libraries": [
      {
        "library": "/usr/local/kea/2.4.0/lib/kea/hooks/libdhcp_host_cmds.so"
      }
    ],
    "subnet6": [
      {
        "id": 1,
        "subnet": "2001:db8::/64",
        "pools": [
          {
            "pool": "2001:db8::aaaa-2001:db8::ffff"
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

I added a host reservation with this command:

{
  "command": "reservation-add",
  "arguments": {
    "reservation": {
      "subnet-id": 1,
      "duid": "1a:1b:1c:1d:1e:0a",
      "ip-addresses": [ "2001:db8::101" ]
    }
  }
}

and then another

{
  "command": "reservation-add",
  "arguments": {
    "reservation": {
      "subnet-id": 1,
      "duid": "1a:1b:1c:1d:1e:0b",
      "ip-addresses": [ "2001:db8::102" ]
    }
  }
}

I then had two reservations:

{
  "arguments": {
    "hosts": [
      {
        "client-classes": [],
        "duid": "1a:1b:1c:1d:1e:0a",
        "hostname": "",
        "ip-addresses": [
          "2001:db8::101"
        ],
        "option-data": [],
        "prefixes": [],
        "subnet-id": 1
      },
      {
        "client-classes": [],
        "duid": "1a:1b:1c:1d:1e:0b",
        "hostname": "",
        "ip-addresses": [
          "2001:db8::102"
        ],
        "option-data": [],
        "prefixes": [],
        "subnet-id": 1
      }
    ]
  },
  "result": 0,
  "text": "2 IPv6 host(s) found."
}

I then deleted one of them by IP address:

{
    "command": "reservation-del",
    "arguments": {
        "subnet-id": 1,