From: Kea-users <kea-users-boun...@lists.isc.org> on behalf of Ubence Quevedo
<that...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2024 13:30
To: Kea user's list <kea-users@lists.isc.org>
Subject: Re: [Kea-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Need to have DHCP Relay in order for
Kea to work...?

U ontvangt niet vaak e-mail van that...@gmail.com. Meer informatie over waarom
dit belangrijk is<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
Thanks for the response.

Here are the interfaces configured on the server.  eno2 is the main interface
[untagged] and then there is eno2.11 and eno2.12 respectively for vlan 11 and
12:
eno2: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.10.3  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.10.255
        inet6 fe80::f604:def0:9990:a797  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 50:eb:f6:4f:6c:2e  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 21002000  bytes 4720351435 (4.7 GB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 5775391  bytes 1207246387 (1.2 GB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
        device interrupt 16  memory 0x51200000-51220000

eno2.11: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.11.3  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.11.255
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:2ca5:722f:5815:fd88  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:8123:1ebe:15d1:88a1  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        inet6 fe80::1b5:af43:403b:d5d7  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:8997:46a6:a4fc:ddbc  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:83de:c6c8:c181:5dbe  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:596c:3610:d7b4:1d18  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:a2ed:50cf:5609:5e0e  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:bcfe:867f:4dc:c8f8  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        inet6 fd19:e769:2155:aa4a:14a6:e870:b2ad:d2d9  prefixlen 64  scopeid
0x0<global>
        ether 50:eb:f6:4f:6c:2e  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 5820439  bytes 1191558319 (1.1 GB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 11  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 2733488  bytes 637055127 (637.0 MB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

eno2.12: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.12.3  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.12.255
        inet6 fe80::fda3:7df7:98b0:d9e6  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 50:eb:f6:4f:6c:2e  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 7737728  bytes 1816607005 (1.8 GB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 529891  bytes 125658614 (125.6 MB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

My interfaces in kea-dhcp4.conf are configured like:
"interfaces": [
"eno2/192.168.10.3<http://192.168.10.3/>","eno2.11/192.168.11.3<http://192.168.11.3/>","eno2.12/192.168.12.3<http://192.168.12.3/>"
 ]

This is why I'm a little baffled why I need the dhcp relay since all of the
interfaces should be listening on each vlan but aren't picking up the traffic.

Routing has been an issue on my network, which is related to another post I'm
going to make later with bridged interfaces and dhcp requests from VMs to those
bridged interfaces not getting IP addresses even though the server is receiving
the request but the client isn't acknowledging them for some reason.

-Ubence

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 11:52 PM DDFR | Ronald Blaas