From: mawar_sube...@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:04:14
To: Al-Izhar Milis<al-izhar...@yahoogroups.com>;
Studiolima<studiolima_kemangprat...@yahoogroups.com>;
<warga_kemangprat...@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [warga_kemangpratama] GUITAR, VOCALS, PIANO & TUBA

Menarik nih!
Hadir yuk!
Gratis!
___
Dec 17, 2009 7:30 PM - 9:00
@ BENTARA BUDAYA JAKARTA Jl.Palmerah Selatan 17, Jakarta 10270

IWAN HASAN - Guitar & Harp Guitar
ANDIEN - Vocals
MERY KASIMAN - Piano
ENGGAR WIDODO - Tuba & Trombone

GUITAR, VOCALS, PIANO & TUBA? What kinda jazz is this??

Well, we're just playing the songs, mostly jazz standards.

It's not fusion, it's not jazz rock. It's just, well... jazz, presented in our
own way, arranged for the instruments we play, with the TUBA functioning as the
bass instrument.

And... NO DRUMS. No percussion either.

Can we carry it through the night? Well... we hope so :)

Sometimes, as musicians, we have to challenge ourselves. Of course we try to
make up as much as we can to compensate for the absence of drums. We try to
arrange the music in such a way that, we think... would not require percussion.

But hey... when we listen to classical chamber music we don't miss the drums,
right? We don't listen to a Beethoven string quartet and say "where's the
drummer?".

Make no mistake, string quartets can be quite intense. And so can a solo
classical pianist. It doesn't need drums. In jazz, there is a tradition of
trios with banjo, tuba and clarinet, playing mostly early jazz, dixieland
style. And oh my... can they swing!

We don't really play early jazz. Well.. maybe we do a bit, but mostly we try to
make a more modern sound. And just have fun arranging the music in our own way.
We also try to be as diverse as possible within the boundaries of "Chamber
Jazz". We also don't keep it too "clean and classical" either.

So... can we carry it through? Well, we hope so. We try our best.

It's FREE ADMISSION anyway (YEAH!!!). So, please come and enjoy the night with
us!

... if nothing else, you'll see a TUBA player playing jazz bass (hee hee).

See you there!

FREE ADMISSION - GRATIS - TIDAK DIPUNGUT BIAYA
Sent from Mawarsari's BlackBerry®
www.studiolima.info

Kirim email ke