Thanks Dan. The inetd.confs are identical, and I always make sure I
have the credentials. I've tried re-comiling the code etc. I'm
concentrating on getting telnet -x to work. It works withou the -x, ie
no encryption if I have "/krb5/sbin/telnetd -a off" instead of
"telnetd -a valid". But half the point of kerberos is the encryption.