On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 02:31:16PM +0000, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> [snip]
> > hot> - If this
> > hot> is allowed are there any credits or acknowledgements that I hot>
> > need to provide while shipping my product?
> >
> > Unclear.  I don't pretend to understand all legal theories that might
> > require/suggest you should credit other people.

[...]

> Probably one's lawyers should talk to MIT's lawyers about what would be
> acceptable to both parties.  Take a look at the README file at the top
> of the source tree (section "Copyright Notice and Legal
> Administrivia") for a starting point to the discussion.

Kerberos V is documented in RFC1510, an IETF standards-track document.
You don't need to speak to MIT about making your own implementation if
you won't use any MIT source code.

And if you will use MIT source code then you should speak to your own
lawyers first as the MIT source code license(s) may grant you the right
to go ahead with your plans witthout having to consult MIT.

> BTW I don't speak for the Kerberos team or MIT either, and this is not
> legal advice.  I'm merely a satisfied beneficiary.

Me neither, but the Kerberos V specifications in RFC1510 belong to the
IETF, not MIT.

> --
> Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Our lives are forever changed.  But *that* is exactly as it always was.

Cheers,

Nico
--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-