"Rickard Borgmäster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
[...]
> Although, the documentation is rather complex and the one thing I'm
> not able to find out right now is wether I can make my BSD boxes
> part of the Win2000-domain realm, of if I need to set up a separate
> UNIX realm with cross-authentication to the Win2000-domain realm.
[...]

Which BSD? OpenBSD has Kerb5 default in the latest 3.0 release I
believe. FreeBSD has heimdal in the base system but it's not
activated by default. There is also a PAM module in [1]. There are
some API issues with Heimdal vs. MIT so you may want to install the
MIT port[2] (Apache's mod_auth(?) doesn't work with Heimdal).

See comp.unix.bsd.{open,free}bsd.misc for more info.

I'm doing some research on the subject myself for possible use where
I work. Haven't gotten to the compile-&-test phase, just at read-
a-lot-and-see-if-it's-worth-the-trouble stage. :>

[1] /usr/ports/security/pam_krb5
[2] /usr/ports/security/krb5

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>