On Thursday, April 22, 2004 18:42:46 -0700 Nick Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am using Heimdal Kerberos on SuSE 8.1 and trying to write a script
to automate adding principals.  I am using "kadmin" and this works
when I do something like:

kadmin -l add res/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

However, I'm trying to supply "attributes" on this command line so I
can specify an encryption type of des-cbc-crc only (i.e. no 3des
allowed).  Does anyone have a clue as to what can be specified with
the "-attributes" option?  I can't find any docs on this subject...

"attributes" are flags, like disallow-svr or requires-hw-auth.
There is no way to set enctypes on the command line; you need to temporarily modify the krb5.conf on the machine where you run kadmind (or kadmin -l).

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sr. Research Systems Programmer