Hi there,

our client/server application uses either SSPI (Windows) or GSS-API (UNIX) in order to establish a secure context.

In order to make it work properly, I had to set specific encryption types in the krb5.conf file of the UNIX server:

[libdefaults]
        default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5
        default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5

Does that mean that the established session keys are DES 64 bits *ONLY* ? It sounds like a weak encryption...

Are any other encryption types compatible between MIT and Windows 2000/2003 (native) Kerberos implementations ?

--
Mr. Jacques LEBASTARD            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
EVIDIAN S.A.                     www.evidian.com