Henry B. Hotz wrote:

It's not clear to me why the MIT and Heimdal realms need to be different.

The reason is quite embarassing, actually - total re-branding. Total renamification :-) from AAA to BBB.
Lotsa host/* principals to recreate and change. And 24/7/365 as usual. So I have to simply
accept that those two realms have to exist and work together for some unspecified time.

You can import an MIT database into Heimdal with hprop. Google for the details, but you export a MIT dump file with some specific options and then use hprop to read it into Heimdal.

Dit it. Unfortunately, all password policies will get lost in the process. Which reminds me that I didn't see a way to create and use policies under Heimdal...
Major PIA if these aren't implemented.

Priit