On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:22:29PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Note a memory leak should still exist if you constantly
> create krb5_contexts as Chet's program does.  However,
> Chet's program is inefficient, and you should really never
> need more than one krb5_context per thread/program.

        At no point was there any assumption that the program I
provided was efficient. It was a proof of concept program to show how
to exploit the memory leak. I agree that placing the res_state
variable into the krb5_context is a good solution, and that creating
multiple contexts in the same thread is unneccessary.

--
Chet Burgess

Manager, Enterprise Collaboration Services
Information Services Division
University of Southern California
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
213-740-5160