Bill Smith wrote:

From what I've found, it seems to be an issue with the user being in too
many AD groups, the Windows KDC wanting to use TCP rather than UDP, and the MIT version not supporting it. What I'm not certain on is whether is the version shipped with Solaris 9 is MIT-based or something proprietary to Solaris. I've found some mention of setting a registry key on the Windows ]

The SEAM packages in Solaris are based on MIT, though they are not identical, there are some minor differences. Solaris 9 SEAM does not have TCP support, which is needed to work with Windows 2003 server. There are workarounds, as others have pointed out.

At this point, we're still having the problem with no resolution. Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, is there a patch from SUN to address it or did you have to do something else? Would appreciate any insight into this problem

I'm not sure if we have a patch for Solaris 9, but I do know that Solaris 10 has TCP support
and does not suffer the same problems as the Solaris 8 and 9 versions.

-Wyllys