Hi,

> Hope this isn't a silly question. Is there a command/tool that tells us
> which is the KDC for a particular realm ?

You’d normally guess that the realm name is a DNS name, as is suggested in
manuals, and then look it up (no lowercase casting necessary, as DNS is
agnostic to case).  You lookup the _kerberos TXT record for confirmation that
it matches the realmname.

Note 1. Characters in TXT records are case-insensitive too, even if they are
usually served in the same case as in the zone file; so any letter is
interpreted as an uppercase, unless modified (I think there was a prefix char
such as an underscore to map the next char to lowercase).  This is a bit silly
because DNS names are not, and Kerberos realm names are case sensitive.  The
common uppercase notation for realms is given the preferential notation without
escapes.

Note 2. This lookup is as reliable as your DNS; in other words, you probably
want to ensure that DNSSEC is being used if what you are doing with the
information could have any security implication.

-Rick