On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:46:22 +0100
"Christopher J. Ruwe" <c...@cruwe.de> wrote:

> > On 02/10/2014 04:19 PM, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> > > root@krb5ldap:~ # env KRB5_TRACE=/dev/stdout krb5kdc -n -p 88
> > > [5231] 1392063323.707758: Retrieving K/m...@hb22.cruwe.de from
> > > FILE:/usr/local/var/krb5kdc/.k5.HB22.CRUWE.DE (vno 0, enctype 0)
> > > with result: 0/Success krb5kdc: starting... Segmentation fault
> > > (core dumped)
> >
> > Can you repeat this test, but instead run the KDC as:
> >
> >   gdb --args krb5kdc -n -p 88
> >
> > When the seg fault happens, type "back" to get a backtrace, and send
> > me the output.
>
> This is interesting. When running in gdb nearly as in your command,
> nothing happens.
>
> root@krb5ldap:~ # date && gdb --args krb5kdc -n -p 88
> Mon Feb 10 22:43:25 UTC 2014
> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
> you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
> certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
> details. This GDB was configured as "arm-marcel-freebsd"...(no
> debugging symbols found)... (gdb)
>
> There is no output to the /usr/local/var/krb5kdc.log

I am sorry, I was a bit tired yesterday, was late in the night here.

I have posted the core dump on github

https://github.com/cruwe/debug-blobs

I hope that is more helpful than the gdb output from this morning.

Cheers,
--
Christopher
TZ:         GMT + 1h

FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #1 r256184: Thu Oct 10 19:12:54 CEST 2013
c...@dijkstra.cruwe.de:/usr/obj/usr/home/cjr/media/src/freebsd/base/stable/9/sys/GEN_WDTRACE

Punctuation matters:
"Lets eat Grandma." or "Lets eat, Grandma." - Punctuation saves lives.
"A panda eats shoots and leaves." or "A panda eats, shoots, and
leaves." - Punctuation teaches proper biology.

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead." (RFC 1925)