On 8/12/20 5:39 AM, Dario García Díaz-Miguel wrote:
> kadmin -k -t $KEYTABLOCATION -p $SERVICEPRINCIPAL -q "cpw $PRINCIPAL -pw
> $PASSWORD"
>
> What we found is that this command ignores the password policy assigned to
> the principal, including all the complexity rules and history options. No
> matter if the command is launched in a kadmin console interactive mode,
> policies are totally ignored.
>
> If we use:
>
> kpasswd $PRINCIPAL

That's unexpected, and it's not the behavior I see in a test environment:

$ kadmin.local addpol -minlength 6 testpol
$ kadmin.local modprinc -policy testpol user
$ kadmin -k -p user/admin cpw -pw pw user
change_password: Password is too short while changing password for
"u...@krbtest.com".
$ kadmin.local cpw -pw pw user
change_password: Password is too short while changing password for
"u...@krbtest.com".

What software and version is running on the kadmin server?