On 3/1/24 07:13, Alexander Bergmann via Kerberos wrote:
We got notified via NVD about 3 new security issues. Right now there
seams to be no upstream reference. Could someone please comment on this?

CVE-2024-26458: Memory leak at /krb5/src/lib/rpc/pmap_rmt.c
CVE-2024-26461: Memory leak at /krb5/src/lib/gssapi/krb5/k5sealv3.c
CVE-2024-26462: Memory leak at /krb5/src/kdc/ndr.c

These CVEs appear to be the result of someone running a static analysis tool over the MIT krb5 code base and assigning CVEs to each resulting defect, without performing any additional impact analysis or upstream consultation.

The pmap_rmt.c leak only affects pmap_rmtcall(), which is unused by the rest of the krb5 code base and likely unused by anyone else.

The k5sealv3.c leak affects an encoding function, and happens on a bounds check which likely cannot be triggered with any choice of memory-valid API inputs. (The bounds check was itself introduced to quash a different static analysis defect.)

The ndr.c leak also affects an encoding function, and triggers if the input contains invalid UTF-8. This one might be triggerable by a request (though it may require elevated privilege), but I would not have requested a CVE for it myself.

I will fix these on the mainline, but I only expect to assign a ticket to the third one.