For the last 2-3 weeks in Hardy I have been having seeming random
keyboard mapping issues where SHIFT and CTRL no longer seem to work
after a few hours/minutes. CAPS LOCK indicator no longer lights up when
pressed. Occurs in xterms, gnome-terminal and all X apps. This occurs
whether using KDM/GDM (KDE/GNOME) and various window managers: openbox,
fluxbox, xfce, etc. Another issue I have seen is that a small  number
(less than 5%) of sessions through GDM hang after login usually with
GNOME. No issues with OpenBox.

Exiting out and logging in again from GDM/KDM always solves the problem
until it happens again.

Hardware: Lenovo T-61
Kernel: 2.6.24-16-generic

Nothing observed in /var/log/messages or dmesg

--
Control characters and caps lock and other control characters don't work in X
in Hardy Development