Unfortunately, Ubuntu no longer even supports booting from this nice
little CPU beyond lucid.  Obviously, this will not get fixed in Ubuntu.
Marking as such.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  /proc/cpuinfo reports incorrect  information for Via C3

Status in The Linux Kernel:
  Expired
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-source-2.6.15 package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-source-2.6.20 package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux-source-2.6.22 package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: linux-source-2.6.15

  The output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo" is wrong

  processor       : 0
  vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
  cpu family      : 6
  model           : 6
  model name      : VIA Samuel
  stepping        : 2
  cpu MHz         : 400.179
  [...]

  My CPU has 600 MHz.  And while cpu frequency scaling was still working
  (c.f. bug 45747) I always saw the true frequency to be underreported
  by 33%.  It was 400/200 MHz when the machine was really running at
  600/400 MHz.

  Some possibly related issues where frequency is incorrectly reported
  are being discussed at

http://groups.google.de/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/6d1b20ec35e21cbe/6d2b5fb0419c96e4?lnk=st